Skip to main content

Family Reunion 2009

When Tyler Perry produced the film, Family Reunion, I had just lost my mother. At the time I didn't think it was a wise idea to go see the film. Being that I was in such a new place emotionally. However, being a student and a fan of the film industry I managed to gather the courage to make my way to the theatre. I'm glad I did. The film helped restore my family focus. The subtractions and additions help mold who we are. Family Reunion, reminded me that with and in every great loss there is a greater lesson. My mother always taught my sister and I to clear a path for those closest to us. So I figured why not focus on my family, the next generation. My senior year of college I produced a project entitled, The Innocence of Life, it was intense. It highlighted the frailty of life and how you should respect each moment. In 2009 I vowed to myself and my craft to live in more of those innocent moments. So if you catch me on an off day I may literally act like a kid. It took a film to remind me of the simple things in life. If I had to have a family reunion every year based on the the simple lessons in these photos, I vote that we have one every year.

Zelma used to tell me when I was little, "Son when you're down on your luck the blessing, prayers, and promise of a real family will resurrect a dead man". I understand now. I hope you enjoy viewing our memorable moments as much as we did living in them.














T.K. rolling a gutter ball.















Me bowling like a champ!





































Aunt Quilla giving orders as usual, lol! Love you auntie!














The 2nd and 3rd generations
of the Holly's gotta love it!




























T & D caught in a sand storm on the beach.













Derrick rollin like a rock star!











Gator Boy Mr. B! Part of the 3rd generation!








Classic little cousin moment!












Families that pray together..........












I hope the photos tell you the story of how two people made a decision to stay together, and make something great happen by investing in their children. Over 60 years later we're all products of that great choice. Thank you Pop & Mom Holly! We couldn't have done it without you.











Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://lagulosuqu.the-best-free-web-hosting.com/bufemuv.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life
Anonymous said…
Hi there!
I would like to burn a theme at here. There is such a thing, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of ponzy-like structure, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For quite a long time, I earn money with the help of these programs.
I'm with no money problems now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only.
Right now, I'm very close at catching at last a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Visit my blog to get additional info.

[url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]
Anonymous said…
Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Nowadays, I feel good, I begin to get real money.
It gets down to choose a correct companion who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the income with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Popular posts from this blog

The Measure of a Man.........

the details are below the photos it's a must read story for the men.... The title of this blog maybe familiar to some, it's that of the autobiography of actor Sidney Poitier.  When you mention his name the words courage, great, intelligent, daring, brilliant and faithful may come to mind.  I've got a new name that replaces those words, Von Johnson.   My friend. My brother.  My cousin.  My new HERO. How and what does that have to do with the title? Yesterday, I observed what it means to live the final portion of your wedding vows,  "till death do us part"...... I can't even put it into words how I felt yesterday.  The only word that comes close is "helpless".   It was one of the rare moments in life where you want to take someone else's pain and throw it down the river and start fresh. I learned what the measure of a man is all about.   Can you live on life's edge and handle all it dishes out?  Can you stand in the toughest moments of opposit

The Players That You Never Knew

With the opening Friday Night of the 2014 high school football season on the horizon, every barbershop in every small-town in America is probably buzzing with the conversation of who are greatest high school football players of all time.  It's a valid question considering the pool of talent that passes through most small towns.  People often wonder where these guys end up long after their playing days are over.  I've often asked the same question about many of my ex-teammates. Two in particular, Darius Brewnington and Kenny Shaw. If you were an athlete in the early 1990's they were arguably considered two of the most influential athletes in North Carolina's rich high school football history.  Unfortunately, like many other high profile athletes life happens.  However, even with the growing pains of life every man has his day of redemption.  With Darius and Kenny being former teammates of mine I wanted to see for myself who they are 20 years removed from fame. So t

Pete's Road Trip

Two weeks ago my friend Pete decided to take a road trip without me. If you're like me, you're probably thinking some friend right? I guess it goes to show you that like most friendships, we too were total opposites. In our teen years, Pete was always there for my major sports accomplishments. For example, when we went to team camp at High Point University he and I won the 2 on 2 competition for the first time, together. A few years later we won the North Carolina State 3-A Basketball Title, and in my sophomore year of college he was in the stands when I scored my first collegiate touchdown. He and our mutual friend Johnny were going nuts. I celebrated so hard that Lamont Burns had to slap me so that we could kick the extra point. Pete was like a little brother to me. So like any other sibling relationship, I would have never told him that he was my motivation for my many athletic accomplishments. It's a part of the unspoken sibling code, worry your brothers, sis